The Vanguard is the original longboard from Loaded Boards. Own a piece of history with the Loaded Vanguard, the board that started the Loaded revolution! The symmetrical shape allows for a balanced platform and all around riding. Weighting and un-weighting the deck through turns allows the board to flex and store energy. This energy is then released when the turn is completed, creating a truly one of a kind experience. You could say this board is "loaded" with potential energy.
The Loaded Vanguard is made from bamboo and fiberglass, creating an incredibly strong and resilient skateboard deck. The deck contains epoxy and tri-axle fiberglass that sandwich a vertically laminated bamboo core. This is then pressed together under intense strain to form the concave and convex cambers. The liveliness and responsiveness paired with the high energy potential make this deck unbelievably fun.
Choosing a Flex Pattern
First, we recommend deciding whether you want the 42" or 38" model. The 42" is more of a cruiser, while the 38" is more maneuverable and quick. After deciding on a length, match your weight to the flex chart below. If you are in between flexes, we recommend going stiffer if you want a more stable ride and softer if you want a more maneuverable and lively ride. Additionally, if you want to do tricks on your Vanguard, you should probably choose a stiffer flex as the stiffness aids in landings and board pop-ability.
- Loaded offers five flexes integrated within two lengths.
- Flex 1: 175 - 230+ lbs (80 - 105+ kg) | Length: 42" (107cm)
- Flex 2: 150 - 210+ lbs (68 - 95+ kg) | Length: 42" (107cm)
- Flex 3: 150 - 200+ lbs (68 - 90+ kg) | Length: 38" (98cm)
- Flex 4: 120 - 170+ lbs (55 - 77+ kg) | Length: 38" (98cm)
- Flex 5: 80 - 140+ lbs (35 - 65+ kg) | Length: 38" (98cm)
Speed and Downhill
We recommend keeping speeds under 25 mph on the Vanguard. This board was designed for carving pleasure, not speed!
- Paris V2 Trucks - 50° | 180mm | Black
- Orangatang In Heat Wheels - 75mm | 80a | Orange
- Dragon Bearings - 8mm
The first Vanguard was designed by Alex Liki of Sao Paulo, Brazil for the Vanguard Graphic Contest. The graphic was then reworked by Pablo and Diana of Nana Studios. It is meant to encompass the flow and lively feel of the Vanguard.
- Length: 38" or 42"
- Width: 8.5"
- Wheelbase: 31.50" or 35.00" (depending on length chosen)
- Concave: Mild
- Nose / Tail: No / No
- Rocker / Camber: No / Yes
- Construction: Bamboo / Epoxy / Fiberglass
- Special Features: Five (5) flex ratings for full custom ride
Many products include free 2-Day Shipping (inside USA)
Your board comes professionally built by pro skateboarders
We ship stoke all around the world at affordable prices